Thursday, July 26, 2007

TREC FAQ - Do You Know the Answers?

Q: Is a licensed attorney required to hold a real estate license to act as a broker?

Q: Can an attorney get a broker license without first being licensed as a salesperson?

Q: I am the listing broker. An attorney has presented an offer from a buyer that the attorney is representing and wants me to share my commission. Can I do this?

Q: I bought a house from a builder and the builder gave me a 12-month warranty. I have given the builder a list of things that need to be repaired but the repairs have not been made and my warranty is about to expire. How can I make the builder do the repair work?

Q: My wife and I signed an offer to buy a house over the weekend. Now we have changed our minds and don't want to buy the house after all. Can we get out of the deal?

Q: May non-licensees use the promulgated contract forms?

Q: Does Texas have reciprocity with any other states with regard to real estate licensure?

Q: A broker who does not have a written agreement to represent the buyer wants to know what we could do about another broker stealing a client.

No comments: